Sunday, July 8, 2012

Watching The Spies...

I may not be posting here at Spy-Fi Channel regularly, but that doesn't mean my love for the genre has in any way diminished. It simply means that I'm doing most of my blogging on other subjects of late.

That said, I am looking forward to this year's 007 installment, Skyfall, and remain hopeful that it will be a better movie than Quantum Of Solace, which, in my opinion, was the worst in the series since A View To A Kill (an opionion I know will ruffle a lot of feathers, but I stand by it). I've also been adding to my spy-fi video collection, and have recently purchased  a multi-region DVD player, which has opened up my choices considerably.


This has led to my buying the Region 2 DVDs of the Hugh Drummond (Richard Johnson) films, Deadlier Than The Male and Some Girls Do, from Network in the UK, and the Swedish disc of Fury In Marrakesh.

From the Sony Classics manufacture-on-demand label, I have Hammerhead on the way, with Vince Edwards as Charles Hood.


 The purchase I'm most anticipating, of course, is the complete 007 Blu-ray set, due out in the Fall. Sure, I'm annoyed that I have to re-buy the ones I already got (fortunately, I have a local dealer that will allow me to trade them in for store credit), but I'm looking forward to having all of the Bond films in high definition. I'm particularly eager to see On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Spy Who Loved Me restored and remastered in HD.


2 comments:

Joe Jusko said...

I had (have) the biggest crush on Daliah Lavi ever since I first saw The Silencers in the 60's.

Kevin Findley said...

That Fury of Marakesh poster looks like a Mack Bolan paperback cover from the 70s.

That's a good thing! ;)