Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In An Alternate Universe...

Yesterday, over on the Illustrated 007 blog, I came across this astounding piece of "what if?" art by the talented Steve Sistilli. I was, obviously, quite taken with it, and thought that Steve did a terrific job evoking - without imitating - Robert McGinnis' Bond poster artwork. In the early hours of this morning, just for fun, I mocked up a poster using the art.

Before anyone goes nuts nitpicking it - I only spent about a half-hour on it. The fonts aren't quite right, and there are a few missing details, but hopefully people can enjoy it for what it is: a bit of goofy fun. I just hope Mr. Sistilli doesn't mind....

5 comments:

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff said...

Not nitpicking should be allowed on something so cute. :)

Steve Sistilli said...

You did a great job Chris! I was thrilled to see the poster! More alternative universe illustrations to come.

Ted Harrington said...

Now that is cool!

Richard Mark said...

Is this the original ad; or did you add the name of George Lazenby?

I believe the actor that was to take over as Bond if Connery could not be persuaded to return was John Gavin. Gavin's involment was discussed on the DVD commentary and the James Bond in this artwork looks more like Gavin than Lazenby.

Christopher Mills said...

You didn't read the post, did you?

Sigh.