Friday, October 30, 2009

Intel: IT TAKES A THIEF coming to DVD?

TV Shows On DVD is reporting that they have received information from a reliable source that the late Sixties spy-fi series, It Takes A Thief, will be coming to DVD in 2010. Since there's been no official announcement, though, they're labeling their report as a rumor.

The series, which ran from 1968 to 1970, featured Robert Wagner as Alexander Mundy, a playboy and cat burglar recruited out of prison by a secret agency of the United States government to steal for them. His boss was Noah Bain (Malachi Throne), and Mundy's father - also a thief - made frequent appearances in the form of the legendary Fred Astaire.

Episodes from the series were recently available for free online viewing at Hulu, but appear to be gone now. (Correction: Apparently the episodes are still up on Hulu. I just didn't find them.)

4 comments:

Brian Sheridan said...

The episodes are still on hulu. You have to google "It Takes A Theif" and hulu and the link comes up. I just watched the first episode this week. The new USA series "White Collar" reminded me of Takes. If this rumor is true - it is GREAT news!!!!

PS - Love the blog! It is all stuff I am obsessed with from Sloane to UNCLE, etc...

China said...

Woo hoo! The more Fred Astaire on DVD the better!

Jason Whiton said...

Been waiting for this show for a looong time. I hope it's coming out officially. The new Prisoner blu-ray looks amazing, so hopefully we'll see that format for all of our faves.
-Jason (Spy Vibe)

Pidde Andersson said...

Hey, Chris! Long time...
Just discovered your blog when I Googled Killmaster. Great blog you have here, had to to link to it from my blog immediately!
I'm actually back in the comics biz now. Kind of. Since a couple of years, I'm a member of the Swedish Academy of Comic Art.
But I mainly work with movies these days. Here's a new production company I'm involved in: www.filmkoncept.com. Site is still under construction, but there is a teaser trailer and some stills.