Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Video: THE WILD WEIRD WORLD OF DR. GOLDFOOT


This is a cool find, I think – the opening titles to the AIP Television special, The Wild Weird World of Dr. Goldfoot, which aired in syndication to promote the 1965 feature film spy-fi spoof, Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine, starring the legendary Vincent Price. Theme song by The Supremes!

Which, quite coincidentally, I ordered a copy of last night. I'm still trying to fill some gaps in my collection. I've never seen it, but I'm a HUGE Vincent Price fan, I dig those 60s AIP comedies, and I love attractive girls in bikinis... so why not?

1 comment:

Jason Whiton said...

I love it! That's a great promo clip. Sounds like a possible re-recording of the theme by different singers? Compare once your film arrives. I'm a big fan of the two Goldfoot films (available on iTunes, Hulu/IMDB, and on the PS3 network for those who can't track down DVDs). They are too madcap at times, but great fun for the reasons you state :) Mario Bava directed the sequel, which is always a plus. Price fans should also check out the 2 Dr. Phibes films if they haven't already. They are especially macabre and fantastic!