Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekly Debriefing 003

Begin Transmission:

• Not much to report this week. I've been busy working on various freelance assignments, and haven't had time for much else. I did finish watching the fourth season of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and really enjoyed it. Shame it was canceled when it was getting itself back on track creatively. I also finished watching the third season of Get Smart. A lot of great episodes there. I especially enjoyed "Die, Spy," a parody of the then-current I Spy show. Not only did Don Adams and guest star Stu Gilliam do a hilarious impression of Robert Culp and Bill Cosby's distinctive "patter," but Culp also has a funny cameo as a waiter and they even used Earle Hagen's I Spy theme music (I guess both shows were on the same network?). Another episode, "Run, Robot, Run," features a pair of KAOS agents who are near-ringers for The Avengers' Steed & Mrs. Peel.

• I made only one spy-fi purchase this week; I picked up and started reading Tod Goldberg's second Burn Notice novel, The End Game. So far, it's as good as the first. I'll probably post a review this weekend.

So, how was your week?

End Transmission.

1 comment:

RJR said...

You can see the I Spy spoof with Robert Culp on the Robert Culp website.

RJR