Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spy-Fi Poll 001: Results

A week ago, I discovered how to add a poll to the sidebar of this blog. So, for the heck of it, I posted one. I think I'm going to continue to do so, at least as long as I can think up questions and people find it fun to vote.

Our first poll question was "Which Spy-Fi Television series of the Sixties was your favorite?"

Twenty people cast votes, and the clear winner, with 8 (nearly half) of the votes going to The Avengers. The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was second with 4, The Wild Wild West garnered 2, while Mission: Impossible, I Spy, The Prisoner and It Takes A Thief received one vote each.

I'm a bit surprised, but I shouldn't be (I voted for The Wild Wild West myself; it may not have been the best of the era, but it's probably my favorite one to watch), as The Avengers was probably the most consistently stylish and compelling of the bunch. And of course, it had Diana Rigg.


The next poll presents a decidedly unoriginal question, I'm afraid, but I'm curious to see how it plays out: "Which actor portrayed the best James Bond?"

2 comments:

Jason Whiton said...

I was out on a mission and missed the poll, but would also vote for The Avengers as my fave. Secret Agent and The Prisoner would be close for second place.
-Jason (SpyVibe)

Kevin Findley said...

George Lazenby, very underrated performance and got the job done without mini-missiles and magnetic watches. Sound familiar?

I also met the man in England a few years ago. Gracious to every fan he met and still slick enough to get into Diana Riggs snowsuit.